Outside Activity Tracking System (OATS)
OATS is scheduled to go live at UCR during spring quarter 2019-20AY. Accounts will be automatically generated and campus users will login via the UCR OATS portal with their UCR NetID and Password.
What is OATS?
OATS is a web-based application that supports the required collection, review, approval, and annual reporting of the outside professional activities subject to the University of California's Conflict of Commitment policies: APM-025, APM-240, APM-246, and APM-671.
OATS replaces the current APM 025, 240, 246, 671 annual reporting online system and the paper-based prior approval processes. The system will also help to broaden understanding around the University's conflict of commitment policies, support compliance requirements, and improve reporting capabilities.
OATS supports the following:
- Requests to engage in an APM 025/APM 671 Category I activity
- Requests to involve students in an outside professional activity
- Report and record time engaged in APM 025/APM 671 Category I and II activities
- Annually certify outside professional activities that are subject to APM 025, 240, 246, 671
- Track earnings for Health Sciences Compensated faculty, Deans, and Faculty Administrators
For questions or more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.