Faculty Leadership Collaborative - CORO
UCR has partnered with Coro Northern California, a nationally known leadership training organization to offer UCR faculty a Leadership Collaborative program. The UC-Coro Leadership Collaborative program focuses on enhancing leadership skills and fostering relationships, networking and collaboration.
Each cohort participates in seminars, intersession assignments and a group project. Participants benefit from personalized individual and group coaching; increased awareness of self and others; as well as enhanced learning, campus-wide networking, and greater employee engagement. Coro facilitators serve as coaches and guides in the leadership development process. Participants will be introduced to Coro tools and will apply them to real life challenges within the UCR community.
Competencies to be explored and developed include:
- Critical inquiry in the UCR community context
- Working with different group decision-making models
- Planning for and creating community change
- Activating team performance
- Communication: active listening/effective speaking
Through interactive seminars, participants can expect to:
- Leverage understanding to improve governance and affect decision-making
- Develop the confidence to take more risks with creative leadership
- Create a support network and collaborations with other emerging leaders in the UCR community
UCR FACULTY LEADERSHIP COLLABORATIVE - CORO PROGRAM APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2023/WINTER 2024 IS NOW OPEN.
We have 20 slots for the Fall 2023/Winter 2024 program. There will be no charge to participants or their departments. Applicants must be in a UCR faculty appointment for 4 years by the time the program starts. The combined virtual/in person program schedule is shown below and requires a commitment of around 80 hours (10 full day sessions 9am-5pm). 100% participation is expected.
Complete applications must be emailed to Program Coordinator, Jill Sadey (email@example.com), no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 3, 2023
- Applicants must be in a UCR faculty appointment for 4 years by the time the program starts
- All applications will be evaluated by an advisory committee made up of UCR faculty who have previously completed a UC-CORO Leadership program
Application Form and Related Documents
- UCR-CORO Leadership Collaborative Application Instructions (pdf)
- UCR-CORO Leadership Collaborative Application PDF Fillable Form (pdf - Must download and open with Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- UCR-CORO Leadership Collaborative Flyer (pdf)
All Fall 2023/Winter 2024 completed CORO Leadership Collaborative Program Applications that are received in APO by the final due date will be considered on-time and will be reviewed for consideration
Application Deadline: Friday, March 3, 2023 no later than 5:00 p.m.
Fall 2023/Winter 2024 Program Schedule
|Session #1||October 5, 2023||9:00am-5:00pm||Alumni & Visitor Center|
|Session #2||October 6, 2023||9:00am-5:00pm||Alumni & Visitor Center|
|Session #3||October 19, 2023||9:00am-5:00pm||Online|
|Session #4||November 2, 2023||9:00am-5:00pm||Alumni & Visitor Center|
|Session #5||November 16, 2023||9:00am-5:00pm||Online|
|Session #6||November 30, 2023||9:00am-5:00pm||Alumni & Visitor Center|
|Session #7||December 14, 2023||9:00am-5:00pm||Online|
|Session #8||January 11, 2024||9:00am-5:00pm||Alumni & Visitor Center|
|Session #9||January 25, 2024||9:00am-5:00pm||Online|
|Session #10||February 8, 2024||9:00am-5:00pm||Alumni & Visitor Center|
Questions regarding the UCR-CORO Leadership Collaborative Program should be emailed to the program coordinator, Jill Sadey (firstname.lastname@example.org).