Professional Development Fund
In accordance with the Unit 18 contract negotiated by the UC-AFT, the University has created a fund for professional development for non-senate faculty (NSF) members (e.g. represented Lecturers, Supervisors of Teacher Education). Individual NSF will be eligible to submit requests for funding to support proposals for professional development including but not limited to professional meetings, training seminars, software and paid leave, all of which should be in support of pedagogical endeavors.
Additional information about the professional development fund may be found within Article 9 of the MOU.
Any Unit 18 NSF member who has or had an appointment during the quarter(s) in which the professional development activity takes place is eligible. All eligible part-time and full-time Unit 18 NSF are encouraged to apply, and the Council welcomes collaborative applications, such as proposals for joint projects at conferences and requested support for co-authored publications.
Quarterly NSF without continuing status or an annual contract may receive funding for activities that occur during the summer months if they have an appointment in the Spring Quarter of the previous academic year and the Fall Quarter of the subsequent academic year.
For a list of the eligible represented Unit 18 title codes, please review Article 1-Recognition.
- FALL APPLICATION DUE DATES: Friday, November 1, 2019
- SPRING APPLICATION DUE DATES: Friday, April 17, 2020
For application procedures, criteria, and requirements, please consult the following documents:
- Non-Senate Faculty Unit 18 Professional Development Fund Guidelines (pdf)
- Non-Senate Faculty Unit 18 Professional Development Fund Durable Goods Form (pdf)
- NSF Unit 18 Professional Development Flyer (pdf)
- Non-Senate Faculty Unit 18 Professional Development Fund Application Form (pdf)