AP Recruit contains sensitive and confidential data elements. As a result, access to AP Recruit is limited to those individuals who are directly involved in the academic recruitment process and who require access to recruitment data. Additionally, those individuals with access to AP Recruit must clearly understand that they are accountable for ensuring the security and privacy of this data when viewing, retrieving, and exporting information within the AP Recruit system.
UC Riverside Faculty and Staff Administrators who access AP Recruit must have a UCR NetID. Users login to AP Recruit using their UCR NetID and password. A user must also have an assigned role.
For question or assistance regarding AP Recruit roles, please contact your College/School/Unit Recruit Analyst (http://cnc.ucr.edu/aprecruit/contacts.html) or the AP Recruit support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AP Recruit Training Requirement
Search Committee Members
AP Recruit System training is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for all search committee members. Please click on the links below for training resources. For more information contact your organization’s AP Recruit Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- AP Recruit System – this provides on the AP Recruit system as well as UCR recruitment guidelines (link)
- Search Committee Reference Guide (link)
Search Committee Chairs and Members are REQUIRED to complete the following activities. These activities are in place to ensure compliance with local recruitment policies.
- Equal Employment, Affirmative Action and the Academic Hiring Process (online)
This is required for searches for Ladder Rank Faculty and searches for Other Academics. All search committee members must take the online tutorial in the Learning Management System (LMS). This course is open for all at all times and completion is good for a two-year period. This is a pre-requisite for attendance at the in-person workshop. The course covers equal opportunity and affirmative action laws and proposition 209 as they pertain to academic searches. For more information, including how to register, click here. For questions, contact your organization’s AP Recruit Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Promoting Faculty Diversity (in-person)
This is required for searches for Ladder Rank Faculty.
Completion of “Equal Employment, Affirmative Action and the Academic Hiring Process” is a pre-requisite for attendance. For more information, including how to register, click here. For questions, contact your organization’s AP Recruit Subject Matter Expert (SME).
For a copy of Vice Provost Ameae Walker’s memo on Search Committee Training Requirement for Academic Recruitments (effective July 27, 2017), click here.
AP Recruit System training is REQUIRED for staff members who use AP Recruit. This training is required for staff members who have not taken the training previously. This is a one-time requirement. For more information contact your organization’s AP Recruit Subject Matter Expert (SME).
The Academic Personnel Office (APO) offers in person AP Recruit training sessions for staff members who have academic personnel responsibilities. To request training or for questions regarding training, please contact your organization’s AP Recruit Subject Matter Expert (SME). For training resources, please click on this (link).
Access for External Reviewers
When external (non-UCR) reviewers are a part of a search committee, the process below must be followed before giving them access to AP Recruit.
- Please be informed that Search Committee Members are required to complete training (see https://academicpersonnel.ucr.edu/sites/g/files/rcwecm1261/files/2018-11/search_committee_training.pdf) prior to gaining access to the AP Recruit System. This requirement applies ONLY to Search Committee Members that are listed on the Recruitment Plan including those that are External Reviewers.
- All UC Riverside Faculty, Staff, Student and External Search Committee Reviewers must have a UCR NetID to access AP Recruit.
- If there is an external reviewer on your search committee, you will need to request an affiliate account and UCRNetID for the external reviewer via ITS. The instructions may be accessed via the link below.
- Turnaround time for creation of the UCR NetID is approximately 48 to 72 hours.
- Once the NetID is created, the NetID will be available in AP Recruit the next business day after 9:00am.
- If you encounter any issues locating the NetID in AP Recruit, please email email@example.com.
Operating Systems & Browsers
AP Recruit supports the latest browsers for all modern operating systems. We recommend that users stay as up-to-date as possible, not just to ensure compatibility with UC Recruit, but maintain a secure computing environment.
- Operating systems: Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Apple Mac OS X 10.6+ (Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion)
- Browsers: Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox 10+(recommend 14.0+)
- Apple Safari 4+(recommend 5.0+)
- Internet Explorer 7+ (recommend 9.0+)
AP Recruit has also been reported to work well on the Apple iPad using the Safari browser.
The Recruit Administrator establishes access to AP Recruit using the Enterprise Access Control System (EACS) for the following roles after staff have completed AP Recruit Training:
- Recruit Analyst (Department and College/School level access)
- Equity Advisor (College/School level access)
Access to AP Recruit for Search Committee roles are granted by the Recruit Analyst for each Recruitment as appropriate. Please contact your Organization's AP Recruit Representative regarding access questions for search committee roles.
To login to the AP Recruit PRODUCTION site, visit https://aprecruit.ucr.edu/ after your department has granted you access.
To login to the AP Recruit system TRAINING site, click on this link.
Click here for AP Recruit Training Materials.
For questions, send an email to aprecruit.ucr.edu.