University of California, Riverside

Academic Personnel

Recall Appointment


The University may recall to active service, on a year-to-year basis, academic appointees who have retired, provided such appointments are not in conflict with the terms of the University of California Retirement Plan (UCRP) and/or University policy. Retirees cannot simultaneously receive retirement payments from UCRP and earn additional service credit from UCRP. As part of the employment process, it is necessary:

  • To follow the Guidelines for Recall of Academic Appointees.
  • To ensure that retirees are not recalled at greater than 43% time. All requests for appointments at greater than 43% must be forwarded to the EVC via the Vice Provost for Academic Personnel for approval, in advance of anticipated appointments.(See APM 205)
Additional documents related to the hiring of UC retirees are available below:

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

UCR LibrariesCampus Status
Career OpportunitiesDiversity
Visit UCRMaps and Directions

Department Information

Academic Personnel
2148 Hinderaker Hall
Riverside, CA 92521

Tel: (951) 827-2933
Fax: (951) 827-3659